Yong Lian Aluminum Co., Ltd.
We provide customers with quality products and provide high-quality services
If you would like to leave us a comment please go to
Doors and windows are usually installed with sealing strips so that they can be sealed against dust, water, and noise. However, many people do not know much about it, especially in terms of installation.
Door and window seals are mainly used in plastic doors and windows, aluminum alloy doors and windows, wooden doors and windows, aluminum coated doors and windows and other architectural decorative doors and windows. The door and window seals on the market are generally formed by extruding PVC, modified PVC, EPDM, elastomer sealing strips (including TPV, TPE, TPR, SEBS), and silicone. According to different uses, it can be divided into three categories: door leaf seals, tops, and glass seals (rubber strips). The door leaf/seal is mainly used for the seal between the door and the door frame, while the top is mainly used for the seal between the door frame and the door leaf. The glass seal is mainly used for the seal between the glass and the door leaf and frame.
Door and window seal installation method
1. Glass mats and rubber seals
Window frames and sashes shall be welded to the corners, and the strips shall be pressed in the correct direction along the direction of the correct rollers to push the strips into the profile slots, and the heads of the strips shall be pressed down into the slots of the profiled inserts. Because the tape is an elastomer, it may be retracted after rolling.
The correct method is: when the rubber strip is installed at the two ends of the interface, the two ends of the strip are retracted to the middle, leaving a contraction margin of 2-3 cm, and then cutting the embedded slot.
2. Glass beads
Manually insert the strip into the profile groove at the tip of the strip and press the exposed surface of the strip firmly to press the strip into the gap between the glass and the profile. Retract the tape at both ends to the center, cut the length of 1-2 cm, and press it into the slot.
Door and window seal installation precautions
1. Before installing the glass, carefully remove the debris in the slot, such as mortar, brick, wooden block, etc., and carefully center the glass when it is placed to ensure that the gap on both sides is even and fixed in time to prevent collision displacement and deviation from the slot center.
2. The rubber seal cannot be pulled too tightly and the length of the blanking is 20-30mm longer than the assembly length. The installation should be in place, the surface is flat, close contact with the glass, glass notch, so that the glass around the force. The rubber strips should be cut off at the corners and glued firmly at the disconnection.
3. When using sealant caulking to fix the glass, the glass should be squeezed with a rubber strip or a rubber block to leave gaps for injection molding. The depth of the injection should be no less than 5mm. Before the adhesive is cured, the glass should be kept from vibration.
4. The installation location of the top generally is on the modern aluminum windows (door) fan, around the frame fan or on the sealing bridge (wind block), to enhance the seal between the frame and the fan.
5. Tops specifications are important factors affecting sliding doors and windows and watertight, also an important factor affecting the opening and closing force of doors and windows. If the tops are too large or the piles are too high, not only the assembly is difficult, but also the resistance to the movement of the doors and modern aluminum windows is increased. In particular, the initial resistance at the time of opening and the final seating resistance at the time of closing are large.
6. The size is too small, or the height of the vertical strip is not enough, and it is easy to get out of the tank, which greatly reduces the sealing performance of the doors and windows. The tops need to be siliconized. The appearance of the tops of qualified quality is that the surface is straight, the bottom plate and the vertical hairs are smooth, there is no bending, and there is no pockmark on the bottom plate, which meets the requirement of 0.2 mm.